Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bring My Special Person to School


April 15, 2010, was deemed as "Take My Special Friend to School" day. This day used to be referred to as "Take your Grandparent/s to School Day." There are children who no longer have grandparents. Therefore, they choose to bring their special person to share this day with them. Kara's teacher gave each child the above form to describe why they feel this person is special to them and a little bit about their special person. You could have knocked me over with a feather when Kristen handed me the form. Zack's Dad's parents were in Florida, so Papa and I divided our time between Kara and Zack. The form must have been displayed during the first half of Kara's program.

I must say I loved seeing my name listed as Kara's special person. But I know all of Kara's grandparents and specific relatives are special to her. I can not accept this acknowledgment without sharing it. It is truly unfortunate there was such limited space.

As Papa and I have been blessed with our beyond awesome grandchildren, so too have our grandchildren been blessed to come home to a family bursting with love and pride for each and every one of them. It is just a perfect win-win situation.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments: