Thursday, March 21, 2002

Thursday, March 21, 2002

Again, Kara ate like a little horse and was very messy. She walked around the room while we got ready. Corey, however, didn’t want her walking anywhere in the room without us—in case she fell. He was a maniac and this was my first ever so pleasant experience with Kara’s overprotective father (the first of many). Today Kara had to have a physical by the embassy physician. It went well. The Dr. was very nice and her only issue is that she’s underweight. After this we went to the American Embassy to complete paperwork to leave the country with Kara. After her lunch, Kara took a nap and then we were off to Red Square. It was wonderful to be in such a historic place in the country of our little girl’s birth. We took pictures in front of St. Basil’s church, which was extra special because Zachary and his parents have a similar picture. We had pizza for dinner from an Italian restaurant (in which they speak Italian) and Kara had baby food and mashed potatoes. Corey went out with Mike for a drink and I was trying to get Miss Kara to sleep. She wasn’t especially cooperative and this was my first experience with exasperation (both with my husband and with my child). I wasn’t really brave enough to let her cry it out for the first time by myself so we rocked for a very long time. Once she was asleep I packed as much as I could and then went to sleep. We were very excited to go home the next day.

No comments: