Saturday, March 16, 2002

Our Trip to Bring Kara Home

Trip #2-The trip of a lifetime

Saturday, March 16, 2002


We’ve been flying for just over 2 hours and we just had dinner. It was pretty good but let’s face it, I’ll eat just about anything when traveling. We left at 7:00 am, my idea, definitely not Corey’s. Of course, there was no crazy traffic and we arrived at the airport at 11:00am, 5 hours before our flight was to leave. Michelle and Dad stayed with us at the airport until 11:45. I made a few phone calls while we waited at the gate, since we had 4 hours to go. Have I mentioned how wonderful my husband is!! The flight was uneventful but just as uncomfortable as usual!!
Getting ready was strange this morning; I was so sentimental. I looked around and thought how different things will be when we’re back home. No more just me and Corey—our baby girl will be with us and our lives will have changed forever. In part, they already have, since that day in September when Lori told Corey, “It’s a girl!”

No comments: