Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Love and Caring of Family

Someone very special to Nana turned 99 years old yesterday. She is my Aunt Irene; your great-great Aunt Irene. Since Papa and I are in Florida with Aunt Ginny and Uncle Timmy, we were not able to share this wonderful day with her. It made me very sad when I thought of my Aunt Irene spending her birthday without family. I should have known better. Your Moms brought a beautiful cake, ice cream, balloons, flowers and cards to Maplewood Manor, the nursing home Aunt Irene lives in now, and had a great celebration. Zack and Alex, your Mom brought one of your family albums with her and Aunt Irene loved looking at all the pictures of you and your cousins. Zack, you made the most wonderful card, even including the year of Aunt Irene’s birth. I can’t express enough gratitude for all the effort your Moms and you put into remembering Aunt Irene on her special day. You see, Aunt Irene’s special day was made more special to me. Even though Papa and I were not physically with Aunt Irene, we have a memory of her 99th birthday to last forever. And, like your Great-grandpa Harpy always said, "It is all about memories.":~) We love you all and I miss you more than chocolate.
Hugs and kisses,

No comments: