Sunday, November 11, 2001

Sunday, November 11, 2001

Breakfast this morning was pretty quiet-both of us caught up in our thoughts. I could just hear Corey thinking, “We had to leave on a Sunday?? Which games am I missing today?” And I was thinking, “Eat a lot, this is the last decent meal I will have until Wednesday!!” Corey had gotten directions to JFK from the hotel staff and it appears we should have written them down. Our travel agent told us to get to the airport 3 hours before our flight left so I am on the edge of my seat because he didn’t know where we were going. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut and not turn into the wicked witch. Of course, I couldn’t hold it in any longer when, all of a sudden, we were crossing one of the bridges into Manhattan!! Fortunately, the toll collector gave us great directions and we made it to the airport on time. We sailed right through check-in, but took a little longer than usual at the security check points. Neither of us minded, considering all that had happened in NYC. They searched Corey for so long that I was afraid if I looked over at him, he would be in his underwear!! They only wiped my bag down for bomb residue. Apparently, between the two of us, I looked like the mastermind!! Right now, we are waiting for our flight. Corey is watching football and I was wandering around. I told him that I was really nervous about Lala not being at the airport when we got off the plane—what would we do?—We would be stranded. He told me to stop reading novels. My honey, so reassuring.

We are on our way to Frankfurt and have been in the air for almost 2 hours. I have already taken a nap (that’s for you, Michelle) and we are waiting for dinner. The flight attendants are coming down the aisle with it and we see an attendant hand a ham sandwich to a passenger who says, “No, thank you, I can’t eat pork.” The flight attendant said, “That’s okay, this is ham.” The attendant standing next to Corey, who knew we were Americans, said to Corey, “Ham is pork, correct?” Very funny!!

No comments: